This is the basic recipe for what my husband calls “AWESOME!”
I’m pretty sure you can tweak this to your own preferences and it will still remain awesome.
Peel a few carrots, then cut them on the bias. In a frying pan, add whatever oil/fat is acceptable on your diet (I used olive oil). Toss in some finely diced onion and garlic to soften. After about two minutes, add the carrots.
While the carrots are cooking, cut some bell peppers into strips, then cut the strips into thirds for bite sized pieces. Toss those in the pan and let them cook for a couple minutes.
Add in some leftover meat cut or pulled into bite sized pieces. We had roast beef the night before, so that’s what I used.
Cook it long enough to reheat. At this point, I added some sea salt and pepper. Stir it around, and then add some baby spinach leaves.
Start stirring until the spinach leaves are all wilted.
Immediately plate up, and sit back to enjoy a little bit of heaven in your mouth!
(It really is good – I modified it for my diet by using JUST onion, garlic, oil, carrots and beef, and it was divine! That’s how I know you can tweak this with just about anything and make it delicious.)
THE YUMMIEST STIR-FRY EVER
-leftover meat, cut into bite sized pieces (I used leftover roast beef)
-carrots, bias cut
-red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
-baby spinach leaves
1. Prep your veggies: peel and cut the carrots, onion, garlic, and bell peppers.
2. Heat your oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic.
3. After about 2 minutes, add your carrots. Let cook til just starting to soften.
4. Add the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the meat. Cook long enough to reheat. Add sea salt and pepper, too.
6. Add the spinach leaves. Stir until they’re wilted.
7. Plate up and enjoy!
Do you have any delicious ways to modify leftovers in your house? Let us know in the comments!